Thursday, 18 April 2024

Dream Demon

Illustrating a Weird Dream of Mine

    I don’t usually have very vivid dreams. But when I do have them, they can be quite strange and cryptic. Most nights I don’t even remember what I was dreaming about… Seldom a “normal” dream and then… The creepy ones…

I remember I made this illustration on my sketchbook on the day I woke up from it. The Dream as I remember went:

A little grey demon, about half my height, kept following me as I was trying to leave this dark and desolate place. I was in a vast limbo area with nothing but me and the creature. It didn’t spoke any language I could understand. Any language I ever heard in fact! And it didn’t seem to want to do me any harm, it just kept speaking, gesturing and circling me. Frustratingly trying to say or ask me for something. And I never knew what…

After finishing the illustration I took the Photo in black and white of my sketchbook and posted it on social media… Now I share with you the properly scanned artwork in its original moody colors:



This one is my first TBT (Throwback Thursday). Do you have delightfully creepy dreams or is it just me?

*Originally Posted on My Substack in 04/05/24*

No comments:

Post a Comment