Thursday, 3 September 2020

Porcelain Warforged Druid

 

"Firstly you must find... another shrubbery!"
-Knight who says Ni

  This was my first time drawing a warforged character. As someone who primarily played 3rd edition of D&D and homebrew stuff I wasn't too familiar with this race. So after some image search I came to realize that they really have a mechanic feel to their anatomy with only hints of organic figure. Almost like a "fantasy robot". However this character in particular was different because he wasn't supposed to be made out of metal, wood and stone, but porcelain.

  On top of that he was described to be a druid with shape shifting abilities. And specifically with one arm turning into that of a bear! So I imagined him as a human body simulacrum of leather and natural fibers with moving plates of porcelain that can change shape. On his body I added a collection of natural items and flora. The character doesn't need clothes, but I added some fur pieces along with the equipment. I always feel like adventurers should have a random assortment of stuff.

  Overall I really liked the concept for this one. And it was great to work on it!

About the process:

There isn't much too describe... I used my habitual painting method with watercolour. The colours I used were Viridian, Sap Green, Burnt Siena, Sepia and Napples Yellow...

Also I think people might get curious about how the porcelain bits were painted. For that I used two blue watercolour pencils and some Payne's Gray.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment