Friday, 22 July 2022

Die Geschichte vom wilden Jäger

When I first read Struwwelpeter, for whatever reason, I became immediately invested in the story about the Hare and the Hunter. Unlike the other tales in that book this one didn't have a strong and drastic moral lesson. It was on the lighter side...

So I thought to myself: what if I redraw this one but the hare is more anthropomorphic? (just for fun)

The illustrations by Dr Heinrich Hoffmann are very fun to look at! And they are very inspiring!
But rather than just redo the same drawings in my style, I decided to make my own composition and tell the story from a different angle.

This project served as a warm-up for another one I have coming.

About the text being in German: Do I have any German-speaking readers?
I considered making a version with the English translation, but I think that version is copyright protected. So I'm only posting a German version.

Enjoy!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment