Saturday, 10 September 2022

Silas Lamprey


"F### me! I'm all out of enemies!"
-Spit it Out. Slipknot

In January of this year I got the opportunity to play a Mörk Borg adventure online. And this is the illustration for the character I played.

I rolled the class Fanged Deserter and got some description that my character earliest memory was a “rotting ship sailing endlessly at sea”. The teeth and sea keywords made my mind immediately go to the lamprey eel.

My personal earliest memory of the lamprey was the illustration on the board-game Bridge Buster. As a kid, in the 90s. That was the first time I saw the terrifying circular mouth and I vaguely remember asking my brother if that was a real animal or a made up one (because the illustrations of the game also feature mythical sea serpents and dinosaurs). But my brother told me that the creature was a lamprey and that it actually existed.

I don't think I have been able to put my knowledge of this animal to use since then, but it has always been stored in the zoology "pokedex" of my mind.

I really enjoyed the Nu-metal æsthitic of the game and the adventure was a good demonstration of the game can be as a scenario.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment